Paralegal – Legal Assistant
Avoid downtown traffic and rush hour. Are you looking for a friendly, fun, relaxed work environment? Are you seeking a paralegal position with a firm that places an emphasis on quality of life?
We are a thriving Boulder boutique law firm seeking an elder law and probate paralegal or administrative legal assistant with at least 1 year experience to assist two busy Boulder attorneys.
Duties and responsibilities
- keeping track of deadlines and managing calendars to ensure they are met on a timely basis;
- drafting documents related to guardianship, conservatorship, estate administration and estate planning including petitions, inventories, annual reports, and correspondence;
- e-filing and service of documents as required by law;
- assist conservators and personal representatives with the administration of the estates;
- organize, track and manage file activity;
- verification of property ownership; and
- communicate with clients.
We are searching for a candidate who has the ability to:
- work both independently and as a team member;
- maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality;
- multi-task and work efficiently and at a fast pace;
- track and post all billable and non-billable work;
- be comfortable working with older people, people with disabilities, their families, and other professionals.
Please submit your resume and cover letter if you possess:
- the applicable probate and litigation principles;
- an aptitude for technology, problem solving, account reconciliation, and writing;
- organizational and time management skills; and
- excellent communication skills with clients, families, staff and attorneys.
Must be able to pass a background check and credit check. Patience, kindness, and tolerance required.
Good sense of humor and optimism important. Salary is dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Experience desired for Paralegal / Legal Assistant: 1 year
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org